Makati, Philippines - Every year, we celebrate the love shared between a mother and her child. There is no love stronger than that of a mother’s for her child. A bond that is almost impossible to break. Despite all of the hardships moms go through, their love never fades.
This year, Century City Mall celebrated Mother’s Day activities last Sunday, May 7, 2017, it was a day of special mother-child bonding and workshops by The Parent Emporium that surely made our Mother’s Day unforgettable. Teachers of Expression Music serenaded guests with “Popular Mother Songs” and Ms. Rachelle Verns dedicated the ever-favorite Frozen song to all the Kid audience.
One of the activities was a fun blindfold game, wherein the children were blindfolded and he/she had to identify their mothers by touching and feeling their face, hair, and hands as they stood in a line alongside other fellow mothers! This activity was done in collaboration with the James MacKay Foundation Inc. and the Philippine National School For The Blind, whom sent in students and their mothers to take place in the activities. Serving as a reminder, yet again, that despite obstacles, a mother’s love is unbreakable. Good Friends who are the organizers of the Century City Mall Mother’s Day Event, beauty queen Mafae Belasco and entrepreneur Cherry Genato have gathered their fellow wonderful mom friends to this special event.
The special Moms that were our ambassadors for the day were –
1. Blanca Mercado - COO of The Manila Times, A Mother of Charmaine Danielle Mercado. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Commerce, major in Accounting, from San Sebastian College and she graduated as magna cum laude. She also has a Management Accountant certificate from the Institute of Certified Management Accountants in Australia. A certified public accountant (CPA) and has been a member of the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants since 1986.
2. Jane Kingsu-Cheng -Manila Bulletin Columnist, Marketing & Image Consultant, and the Editor-in-Chief of Working Mom Magazine. She is also a mother of 7 years old son Jared Cheng.
3. Roices Naguit - A Mother to her daughter Kenisha Frances. She is an Experienced Senior Political Correspondent with a demonstrated history of working in the broadcast media industry. News Anchor at TV5 Manila February 2011 – Present (6 years 4 months) NCR - National Capital Region, Philippines Senior Correspondent TV5 Network Inc. April 2003 – Present (14 years 2 months)
4. Maricel Cua -A Loving Mother to Adrienne Lia Cua. She is one of the partners of The Parenting Emporium, She is also the Philippine distributor for the medela brand of breast pump.
5. Beng Feliciano -She is a loving mother of the twins Summer and Carly Feliciano and Nico Feliciano, and co founder of The Parenting Emporium.
6. November Carey –or “Ember” -She is the wife of Harvey Carey and a loving mother of Trey and Harlem Carey. She is a writer, interior designer, and mom-preneur
7. Aliza Apostol – Goco - “Chinky” to her close friends, She is married to the famous Chef Robby Goco of Cyma, Green Pasture and Yumi, She is a loving mother of Luccia Goco.
8. Alexis Urbiztondo -She is a loving wife to Joshua and a mother to Celeste and Cadence, a dance instructor at Hula Hands
9. Lara Quigaman - Alcaraz -She is a loving wife of Marco Alcaraz, A Mother to her son Noah. -Order of Lakandula awardee, is a Filipino actress, multi-product endorser and former beauty queen who won the Miss International 2005 beauty pageant held in Tokyo, Japan. -She is the fourth Filipino to have won the crown, Prior to winning Miss International, Quigaman joined Binibining Pilipinas twice, first in 2001 and last in 2005. The latter ultimately earned her the title of Binibining Pilipinas International.
10. Karen Agustin-Ostrea - She is a mother of three, loving wife, image consultant, author, and beauty queen. - She represented the Philippines in the 2002 Miss Universe pageant - Works as an image consultant - Co-Author of “The Secrets Beauty Queens” Thank you to all of you lovely mothers and your families for celebrating Mother’s Day at Century City Mall! Special appreciation goes to @jamesmackayfoundationinc @theparentemporium @manilatimes @workingmom @hulahands_ph