Are you expecting a Baby Now? Good news! Your pregnancy gives you unique opportunity to save one of nature's best gifts-Umbilical Cord Lining.
What is the use of this? The umbilical cord is the connecting cord from the developing embryo or fetus to the placenta, allowing blood to carry oxygen and nutrition to the baby while inside the mother's womb. Once the baby is delivered, the umbilical cord is cut and normally discarded as medical waste until researchers discovered its medical potential, especially that of cord lining.
7 Facts about Umbilical Cord Lining
- Cord lining stem cells have immune-modulating characteristics. Therefore matching of stem cells between donor and patient may not be required, which makes them useful both for your baby and other members in the family.
- With cord lining stem cells, your baby and family members may have more treatment options in the future, especially for disorders that are incurable today such as stroke and heart attack.
- Cord lining stem cells may help increase the success rate of cord blood transplant. It contains two types of stem cells. Epithelia and Mesenchymal stem cells only.
- Storing your baby's cord lining means youa are making the original source of stem cells available for your baby and family when the time of medical need comes.
- Compared to other sources such a bone marrow and adipose tissues, stem cells from cord lining are younger with better expansion capacity and patients receiving such stem cells have lower risk of graft versus host disease.
- Using cryogenic storage method, cord lining can remain viable for a long time. This means that the therapeutic value of cord lining stem cells are well preserved until the need for treatment arises.
- Your baby has a once-a-lifetime chance to have his/her cord lining collected through a painless and harmless procedure which can only be done at birth.
Here are some personalities who believe and took a brave step of ensuring their families future.
Your baby's precious umbilical cord lining is your family's repair kit!
Thanks to patented breakthrough technology!
Post a Comment